About three weeks ago i caught up with a friend I hadnt seen in a while. I noticed her skin was so super soft and silky. So much so I had to comment on it.
She mentioned to me that she has just started using 'organic coconut oil' the cooking kind, lol.
I was like "wha...really?!" she told me that it is such amazing stuff. She uses it all over her body as well as her face. She even told me she puts a handful in her hair at night and then washes it out the next morning...excellent hair treatment.
Im so glad she told me.
Well...I had to find out more! So, I googled the stuff! WOW, WOW, WOW!!
It really is amazing! It does SOOO MUCH!
Today I purchased a one kilo bottle and already Ive slathered it onto my body, wiped it through my hair as well as swollowed a spoonful.
As time passes I'll let you know how it goes.
I found some info on this website here...www.organicbuenosaires.com that I would love to share with you on the amazing benifits...
Use Coconut Oil as a Body Lotion, Beauty Treatment or for Personal Hygiene1. Age Spots: Apply coconut oil directly to help age spots fade.
2. After Shave: Coconut oil will help heal the skin and is great for razor burn.
3. Baldness: Apply coconut oil three times a day to hair loss areas to support cell regeneration.
4. Birth Marks: Coconut oil will help with healing after laser removal or after an apple cider vinegar treatment to help the fading process.
5. Body Scrub: Mix coconut oil with sugar, rub all over your body and rinse off.
6. Bruises: Coconut oil helps reduce swelling and redness when applied directly to the bruise.
7. Bug Bites: Apply coconut oil directly to stop itchiness and burning and speed up healing.
8. Burns: May help with healing and reduce permanent scarring.
9. Chapstick: Rub a little bit onto lips. Also contains SPF of about 4.
10. Cradle Cap: Rub a teaspoon of coconut oil onto baby’s scalp daily to help eliminate cradle cap.
11. Dandruff: Use 1 to 2 teaspoons of warm coconut oil on the scalp before showering, preferably the night before, covering your head with a shower cap so you don’t stain your sheets.
12. Deodorant: Check out our natural coconut deodorant recipe.
13. Diaper Rash
14. Exfoliater: Mix coconut oil with sugar or sea salt and use all over your body.
15. Eye Cream: Apply coconut oil under eyes to reduce puffiness, bags and wrinkles.
16. Face Wash or Soap: Mix one teaspoon each of coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, avocado oil and castor oil. Wet face, rub oil in and leave for two minutes, rinse and pat dry.
17. Hair Conditioner/Deep Treatment: Coconut oil makes a great leave-in hair conditioner. Use about a teaspoon starting from the ends of your hair or from the scalp for a deeper treatment and leave on overnight.
18. Hair Gel/Defrizzer: Rub a little bit of coconut oil between palms and scrunch into hair for curly hair or finger comb for wavy or straight hair.
19. Healing: Apply to scrapes and cuts to protect the wound from dust, bacteria and viruses.
20. Lubricant: Very safe personal lubricant but not to be used with latex.
21. Makeup Remover: Remove with cotton bud dabbed with coconut oil.
22. Massage Oil
23. Moisturizer: Can be used all over the body, neck and face.
24. Mole Remover: Apply after apple cider vinegar compress over several weeks.
25. Nipple Cream: For cracked, sore or dry nipples. Can apply coconut oil to cotton ball and leave in bra between breastfeeds.
26. Oily Skin: Apply a pea sized amount of coconut oil underneath makeup or alone to reduce the appearance of oil.
27. Pre-Shampoo Treatment: Great to use on scalp and hair before shampooing. Find out more here.
28. Pre-Shave: Apply coconut oil before shaving.
29. Skin Problems: Coconut oil is great for psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
30. Stretch Marks: Coconut oil will help prevent and reduce stretch marks.
31. Sunburn: Rub coconut oil on affected area.
32. Sunscreen: Coconut oil contains SPF 4 and may be used as a sunscreen by people with dark skin.
33. Swimmers Ear: Mix coconut oil with garlic oil and apply a few drops in the affected ear for 10 minutes 2-3 times a day for one or two days.
34. Tattoo Healing and Moisturizer: Coconut oil can help with healing, prevent infection and stop the pigment from fading when used over a long time.
35. Toothpaste: One recipe you can use is mixing coconut oil and baking soda together and dabbing a little onto the toothbrush.
36. Wrinkle Prevention and Wrinkle Reducer: Apply coconut oil directly to wrinkles and sagging skin.
Apply Coconut Oil Topically for Health Problems37. Acne
38. Allergies/Hay Fever: Rub inside the nostrils for quick relief.
39. Athlete’s Foot
40. Back Pain/Sore Muscles
41. Canker Sores
43. Circumcision Healing
44. Decongestant: Rub coconut oil on the chest and under the nose for cold or allergies.
45. Ear Infection: Put a few drops of coconut oil inside the ear twice a day for pain relief and to fight the infection.
46. Genital Warts: Topical application for 6 weeks combined with coconut oil enemas twice a day depending on the location.
47. Gum Disease and Gingivitis: Use coconut oil as toothpaste or rub directly onto gums.
48. Head Lice: Use coconut oil to remove lice after an apple cider vinegar treatment.
49. Herpes: You can apply coconut oil topically and take internally.
50. Hives: Use coconut oil to reduce itch and swelling.
51. Nausea: Rub coconut oil on the inside of the wrist and forearm for upset stomach.
52. Nose Bleeds: Coat your fingers in coconut oil, lie down and put your fingers inside your nose.
53. Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis): Apply coconut oil around and in the eye.
56. Warts, Boils and Cysts
Consume Coconut Oil for General Health and Wellness57. Breastfeeding: Mums can consume 3 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil per day to enrich the milk supply.
58. Bones and Teeth: Coconut oil helps you absorb calcium and magnesium.
59. Digestion: The natural saturated fats in coconut oil are great for controlling parasites and fungi that cause indigestion and digestion-related problems such as irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps absorb vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
60. Energy Boost: Coconut oil boosts energy and endurance and is great for athletes and those in need of a quick pick-me-up.
61. Fitness: Coconut oil stimulates the metabolism, improves thyroid function, and boosts energy levels.
62. Insulin Secretion and Blood Glucose Utilization: This makes coconut oil great for both diabetics and non-diabetics.
63. Lung Function: Coconut oil increases fluidity of cell surfaces.
64. Vitamin and Nutrient Absorption
65. Weight Loss: The saturated fats in coconut oil control cravings and increase metabolism.
Consume Coconut Oil for Health Problems66. Acid Reflux/Indigestion: Take coconut oil after a meal.
67. Adrenal Fatigue
68. Allergies/Hay Fever
72. Bowel Function
73. Bronchial Infections
74. Cancer: Coconut oil has been proven to prevent colon and breast cancer.
75. Candida Albicans
77. Chronic Fatigue
78. Crohn’s Disease and Inflammation
80. Cold and Flu
82. Cystic Fibrosis
84. Diabetes: Coconut oil helps keep blood sugar levels stable.
88. Energy boost
89. Epilepsy: Coconut oil has been found to reduce epileptic seizures.
90. Fever Support
91. Flaky, Dry Skin
92. Gallbladder Disease and Pain
94. H. pylori
95. Head Lice
96. Heart Disease: Coconut oil protects arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis.
97. Haemorrhoids: Apply coconut oil externally or internally twice a day.
99. Hot Flashes
101. Immune System Builder
102. Irritable Bowel Syndrome
104. Kidney Disease
105. Kidney Stones: Coconut oil helps dissolve kidney stones
106. Liver Disease
107. Lung Disease
109. Mental Clarity
110. Menstruation Pain and Cramps and Heavy Flow
111. Migraines: Use coconut oil regularly to help prevent migraines.
116. Periodontal Disease and Tooth Decay
117. Prostate Enlargement
119. Skin Problems
121. Stomach Ulcers
123. Toenail Fungus
125. Thyroid Function: Coconut oil can help regulate an overactive or underactive thyroid.
126. Ulcerative Colitis
127. Urinary Tract Infections
Coconut Oil Can Help Pets Too128. Allergic Reactions
129. Arthritis or Ligament Problems
130. Bad Breath in Dogs
131. Cuts, Wounds, Hot Spots, Dry Skin and Hair, Bites and Stings: Apply coconut oil topically.
133. Digestive Disorders such as Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome and Colitis
134. Digestion and Nutrient Absorption
135. Eczema, Flea Allergies, Dermatitis, Itchy Skin
137. General Wellness: Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to your pet’s water bowl or in their food.
138. Hairballs and Coughing
139. Improve Brain Energy Metabolism: Coconut oil will also help decrease amyloid protein build-up that results in brain lesions in older dogs.
140. Regulates and Balances Insulin
141. Sleek and Glossy Coats: Coconut oil also helps deodorize dog odour.
142. Thyroid Function
143. Weight loss
144. Yeast and Fungal Infections, including Candida
Other Uses for Coconut Oil145. Chewing Gum Remover: Rub coconut oil over chewing gum stuck in hair, leave for 30 minutes, then roll the gum between your fingertips.
146. Goo Remover: Form a paste from equal parts coconut oil and baking soda and apply to the sticky area, let it set for a minute then scrub it off with an old toothbrush or scrubby side of a sponge.
147. Insect repellent: Mix coconut oil with peppermint oil extract and rub over exposed skin.
148. Moisturize and Clean Leather
149. Oil Wood Cutting Boards and Wood Bowls
150. Polish Wood Furniture: Use coconut oil with a little bit of lemon juice to polish wood furniture. Make sure you do a test first.