Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lets BREAK the FAST.

Breakfast, one of my favorite meals of the day...and Im always open to new ideas and recipes for this wonderful meal.
Last saturday, I whipped up a bacon and egg wrap for me and the fam.
It was realy, realy nice...and quite low in fat too...woohoo, thats always a bonus!
It was a Lavish bread smothered with low fat cottage cheese, topped with a free range poached egg (thanks to our Polly), low fat organic bacon and grilled tomato.  I then topped it with flat leaf parsley freshly plucked from my garden.
Once wrapped and coupled with a nice cup of brewed coffee & soy milk....delish! The perfect healthy, low fat weekend breaky!
Hubby and the kids devoured it too....was a winner all round.
Next time I may add a few mushrooms.
If you are looking for a meal that is low in cals but high in protein, this is a great dish.  It carried us through till lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment